It’s definitely a good and convenient time to be alive. Which as it should be as our world has become a fast, fast place to be in. With that being said, who has time to spend all this time beautifying? Some of us may have the luxury, but for the girl on the go these apps will help simplify the beauty matters at hand. With everything being wildly available at the touch of a button from ride shares, online dating, shopping, food ordering, and to even finding new girlfriends; beauty is joining in on the ring in a really big way. Order a blow dry right before girl’s night happy hour, or get a manicure before your scheduled Tinder date, either way there’s no excuse to not keep looking your best. Here are the best tried & true beauty apps to simplify and prevent any beauty blunders.
Fresh Faced, Silver, & A Pop of Color!
Time certainly does fly! 2015 marked a remarkable 365 days for fashion. However, just because they were more strides for the better, we’d like to take the time to reflect on the missteps that might be better left off in the past. The end of the year symbolizes a rebirth and revitalization, one that you apply to every aspect of your life which includes things in your closet and the beauty looks you’ve flocked to all year. Like Heidi Klum says at the beginning of each judging on Project Runway, “In fashion, one day you’re in, and the next you’re out”. This might be the perfect opportunity to reinvent yourself and shake up your style with something fresh and new. If the 2016 runway shows are any indication, the new year will all be about fresh vitality, cool colors, and lots and lots of feminine undertones. You can trade in your old looks for something new and updated this time around. The trends are rapidly changing. One thing can be absolutely certain: you can stop contouring and highlighting your face every day, reserve that for special occasions–if the runways of Alexander Wang, Rag & Bone, Narcisco Rodriquez, Emilio Pucci, Balmain, Elizabeth & James, and Hood by Air are any indication, that ship has long since sailed. Continue Reading
@LipKitByKylie / Via instagram.com
There’s a point in a celebrity’s trajectory further into the Pop Culture zeitgeist, at which they get so famous, even their body parts become sentient beings with their own right to fame. Marilyn Monroe is famous for her silhouette. Taylor Swift, earlier this year, insured her own mile long legs for $40 million dollars. Kim Kardashian “brought booty back”, with her large “assets”. Now, following in her footsteps, little sister Kylie is making a name for herself with her lips. The story is stale news by now: seemingly overnight, the young starlet’s lips appeared to be fuller, plumper, more defined, and outrageously large, sending the internet into a frenzy over discovering the source of her new look.
5 Most Wearable Beauty Trends from Runway
The designers showcasing their latest must-have designs are the highlight of any fashion week. All eyes are on them. But this season makeup, accessories and hair styles were equally impressive and spectacular. Let it be cool ponytails, graphic eyeliner, bright lips, mermaid shadow, nail art or braids everything was simple yet elegant and surprisingly easy to pull off this season. The most exciting thing in the trends spotted were easily wearable and likely more economical. The two things that were constant among the models were gorgeous, flawless skin and healthy hair. Check out our wearable beauty trends from runway to try out now!
J.W. Anderson Twist Ponytail S/S 16
Erin Fetherston F/W 2015
- Ponytails 2.0: Ponytails took a sleek turn on the runway. They were worn high, low or off to the side in a clearly grown-up manner. Chic metallic leather wraps and handmade leather slide hairpins were embellished on the long and low ponies as seen at Carolina Herrera. Extra low, slightly messy, side-parted and twisted ponytails were also seen at shows such as Erin Fetherston’s. If you want a new version of the ponytail, or you are looking to tie your hair stylishly in a budget, you may try any of them with fashionable clips and various hair accessories.
seen at Nicole Miller
seen at Diane Von Furstenberg
2. Supreme Smokey Eyes: The incredible smoky eye makeup can be a girl’s best friend or worst nightmare. This season smoky eye makeup was seen both in daylight and night. Previously, Smokey eye in broad daylight was an intimidating concept but now with the experts’ guidance it has become pleasant and beautiful. In the daylight, it can be done using brown, gold and even blue shadows with a few tricks as seen at Nicole Miller’s F/W 2015 show. And night look can be done by layering brown and black eye pencils smudging them slightly for a super-sexy effect. This smoky eye makeup can be balanced with the light colored lips and minimalist hair.
Messy braid bun
3. The messy bun: Whether it is a messy bun or a twisted bun, it looks stylish. A messy hairdo can be done easily by a mid-height ponytail, separated into smaller sections and then twisted and pinned for an elegantly disheveled look. These buns are also more flexible on unshampooed hair. A dry shampoo or dirty hair up with or rough texture gives the perfect look for this style. Remember not to give a neat touch to the bun.
seen at Marchesa
seen at Dolce & Gabanna
- Blood Red Lipsticks: Matt or glossy, retro or modern, diffused or solid, a bolt of red lipstick can update your look instantly. Bold lipstick is nothing new and we saw it a lot during Dolce & Gabanna F/W 15 show. The dark vampy lip is always on a runway giving the bold look. A velvety rich, red lips paired with nothing else but just clean, bare skin (no foundation, no mascara) for a certainly raw and youthful look is a wearable beauty trend that is easy and elegant to carry. Rich lips in shades of crimson red, velvet red and dark red add the right dose to the bare faces.
Gigi Hadid in peachy cheeks
Rosy cheeks at Michael Kors
- Outdoorsy and Peach Cheeks: Pale peach is an extreme face-warmer. We saw it strong during Michael Kors F/W 15′ show. It is a great highlighter and brightener that usually pickups the golden undertones of a lot of skin tones. So if you have warm undertones, pale pink is suitable for your face. On the runway, the most wearable beauty trend was the fresh-faced look with the peach fuzz blusher and a shimmery highlighter along the cheeks, above the brows and down the bridge of the nose. To enhance your look, you can even dust a peach highlighter in the inner-corner of your eyes. Peach cheeks give a classy look to your face.